- 1. What is a ‘’Cookie’’?
- 2. Types of Cookies
- 3. What types of Cookies are used by Third Persons?
- 4. Purpose of Use (For what purposes are Cookies used on BAYTII?
- 5. Why are Cookies Used?
- 6. Managing Cookie Preferences How are Cookie Preferences Managed?
- 7. Rights of Visitors
- 8. Changes in Consent and Policy
1. What is a ‘’Cookie’’?
Cookies are very small text files, usually consisting of letters and numbers, that are saved on your computer (or other devices such as smartphones or tablets) by the websites you visit through browsers. Cookies do not contain personal data about Visitors such as name, gender or address. Although Cookies do not contain such personal information, session information and similar data can be stored anonymously and can be used to recognize you again and similar services. Cookies are created by the servers that manage the website you visit. This way, the server can recognize when the Visitor visits the same website. Cookies can be likened to identity cards that show website owners that the same Visitor has visited the site again. For more detailed information about Cookies, please visit the websites www.aboutCookies.org and www.allaboutCookies.org
2. Types of Cookies
Cookies can be categorized in terms of their owners, expiration date and intended use.
- For Cookies related to their owner Portal Cookies and third-party Cookies are used. Portal Cookies are managed by BAYTII, while third-party Cookies are managed by different companies.
- For Cookies related to their lifetime session Cookies and persistent Cookies are used. Session Cookies are Cookies that take place in temporary memory while browsing BAYTII but are deleted when you close your internet browser. Persistent Cookies, on the other hand, are Cookies that are limited to a certain date or time and are automatically deleted at the end of this date or time or remain on your hard disc until they are deleted by you.
- For Cookies related to their intended use, technical Cookies, verification Cookies, targeting/advertising Cookies, personalization Cookies and analytical Cookies are used in the Portal.
3. What types of Cookies are used by Third Persons?
In addition to BAYTII’s Cookies, third persons (also referred to as "third-party") suppliers and advertising networks, social media platforms, and other business partners may place Cookies on the Visitor’s browser to provide the Visitor with better and more personalized service, including providing advertisements based on your previous visits to BAYTII and other websites. Information about these third persons and the Cookies they use is as follows: 3.1 Google Analytics In order to analyze the Visitor experience better by using persistent, session, and third-party cookie types, BAYTII's traffic is monitored and reported. 3.2 Doubleclick In order to improve your online experience by using persistent, session, and third-party cookie types, your time and habits on the internet are analyzed and advertisements are shown according to your interests. 3.3 Facebook Using third-party cookie types allows you to share advertisements and access Facebook easier. 3.4 Twitter Third-party Cookies are used to enable you to share advertisements and access Twitter easier. Persistent, session, and third-party cookie types are used to improve your online experience by analyzing your time and habits on the internet and displaying advertisements according to your interests. (we are not responsible for the reliability of the content you will access through the links of third persons given above).
4. Purpose of Use (For what purposes are Cookies used on BAYTII?
In general, these Cookies are used to provide you with better and more personalized service and to help us improve BAYTII. The aim of these below-mentioned Cookies are as follows: to recognize you when you return to BAYTII To ensure that you see adverts that are suitable for your own interests by reaching the targeted audience for the adverts and that you do not see the same adverts repeatedly. personalizing content and ads provide social media features analyzing BAYTII traffic understanding how you use BAYTII understanding how you use BAYTII
5. Why are Cookies Used?
In the Portal, Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- To perform the basic functions necessary for the operation of the Portal. For example, Portal Visitors can log in with their account information.
- To analyze the Portal and improve its performance of the Portal. For example, analyzing the number of visitors to the Portal and adjusting performance accordingly, or making it easier for visitors to find what they are looking for.
- To increase the functionality of the Portal and provide ease of use. For example, remembering the username information or search queries in the next visit of the Visitor who visits the Portal or providing links to third-party social media activities through the Portal.
- To perform personalization, targeting, and advertising activities. For example, displaying advertisements related to the interests of Visitors on the pages and products viewed by Visitors.
6. Managing Cookie Preferences How are Cookie Preferences Managed?
7. Rights of Visitors
Pursuant to Article 11 of the Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data, Visitors have the right to apply to BAYTII for information about themselves, in the following cases:
- To find out whether personal data is being processed,
- Request information if personal data has been processed,
- To learn the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used in accordance with their purpose,
- To find out the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing and to request notification of the transaction made within this scope to third parties to whom personal data is transferred,
- Although it has been processed in accordance with the provisions of the Law and other relevant laws, to request the deletion or destruction of personal data in the event that the reasons requiring its processing disappear and to request notification of the transaction made within this scope to third parties to whom personal data is transferred,
- To object to the emergence of a result to the detriment of the person himself/herself by analysing the processed data exclusively through automated systems, 8. To demand compensation for damages in the event of damage due to unlawful processing of personal data related to them. The aforementioned rights will be evaluated and finalized within 30 (thirty) days in any case when submitted by the personal data owners in writing or via the registered e-mail address. Although it is essential not to charge any fee for the requests, BAYTII reserves the right to charge a fee based on the fee tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.
8. Changes in Consent and Policy